2. Interview Report Due.
You are required to conduct one personal interview of a
Vietnam-era person. You can choose anyone who has memories of the war. They may be
veterans, protesters, parents, grandparents, friends, relatives, or anyone else, as long
as they have a story to tell. The interview report should include the person's name, age,
You may want to visit Indiana
University Oral History Research Center's web site
and Baylor University Institute for Oral History web site
for ideas on how to
conduct your interview.
Your report should summarize the respondent's answers, picking out the most important
points. Reports should be approximately 750-1000 words. Please include your interview
Please email your Interview to me: email@example.com
You can design your own interview questions, but at a
minimum you must include the following:
1. Where were you from 1965-75?
2. What were you doing during this time?
3. What were your feelings and thoughts about the war and why it was being fought?
4. If military, where were you stationed? What was your job?
5. What is your impression of the conduct/strategy/reasons for the war?
6. Could we have won the war?