The materials for the course will be required and
available to you through an online store called iChapters. You are required
to purchase specific digital chapters from this site for this course.
1. STEP ONE - ACCESS TO THE CHAPTERS:
You can access the website and print the chapters from the computer labs on campus, at both the main campus and the Kent campus. The school’s technical department has already installed the “unsealer” software, and you can go directly to the website to access your digital content.
You should also be able to access the website and print the chapters from your own computer. The computer you use will need the correct viewer software. In order to view the eBook and eChapter you need to purchase, you must first download and install the viewer or “unsealer” software. The viewer software uses a Digital Rights Management (DRM) program to protect copyrighted content. This software prevents book content from being copied, forwarded, shared, or used in an unauthorized manner. Installing the viewer software should be a quick and easy process. Go to this link for more instructions on how to download the viewer software: http://www.cengagebrain.com/market/faq.html. Be sure you do this BEFORE you access your digital content for the first time. This iChapters Walk-Through provides information provided by the publishing company to help you with the downloading for both a Windows machine and a Macintosh machine:
Please make sure that you meet all of the minimum requirements for your system by going to the following website: http://www.cengagebrain.com/market/faq.html.
** Adobe Reader 9 is currently not supported by the Unsealer. If you need to install Adobe Reader 8 please go to the following website to install this version: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html **
After purchasing your chapters please do the following to install and open your chapters.
**You must be an Admin on your computer in order to install the Unsealer, if you are not please contact the administrator and get the permissions added**
1) Go to http://www.cengagebrain.com/market/index.html and click on the eBook Access link that is on the bottom of the screen.
2) Select the “Install Unsealer” button under the Step 1 heading.
3) A new window should pop-up and make sure that platform reflects your operating system (if using Vista you will have to select that option). Within the window select the Download button. If prompted to “Save” or “Run” choose Run.
4) Make sure that all Windows Office and Adobe applications are turned off before installing. Once it finishes downloading it should automatically start the installation file. Follow prompts given by the installer.
5) Once installed go back to the Sealed Content page and click the “Sealed Media Check System” button. If you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser then you should see a tropical fish. If you are using a different web browser then you will receive a message telling you to view the page in IE.
6) Go to the My Stuff link on the top of the page and login if you are not already. Within this page will be your chapters/eBooks or anything you have purchased.
7) You will click on the “Open” button next to the chapter title on the right. If a page appears saying that the Unsealer plug-in could not be detected and you saw the fish please click on the button “Don’t Ask Again” and open the chapter again.
8) If you are prompted for a username/password you will enter in the same information you used to sign into iChapters.com (most likely your e-mail address as your username). Also, check-mark the Login Automatically box so that you can view your chapters offline for 60 days.