The South King County College Access Network (SKCCAN) and its members support the creation, expansion, and sustainability of high-quality, community-based postsecondary access strategic alliances in South King County, Washington; with a special focus on low-income, first generation, and students of color.
Who we are
Located at Green River Community College’s Kent Campus, SKCCAN serves as a network hub that supports, coordinates and drives efforts to increase postsecondary readiness, access, and persistence. With over 100+ regional partners in South King County, SKCCAN offers capacity building opportunities for our network partners with an emphasis on increased postsecondary readiness and access for students in South King County. SKCCAN seeks to leverage the strengths of our network partners in order to build a comprehensive system of support for students in South King County.
Our College Access Network Includes:
- Community-Based Organizations
- K-12 Education
- Postsecondary Institutions
- Government Agencies
- Philanthropic Organizations
What we do
The SKCCAN and its members serve students in South King County, which includes the Auburn, Federal Way, Highline, Kent, Renton, and Tukwila School Districts.
What We Do
- Support, coordinate and drive postsecondary readiness and access efforts in South King County among Network partners.
- Foster ongoing communication between the general public and network partners.
- Share academic achievement and postsecondary readiness data with community partners and school districts to encourage policies and practices that will positively influence increased postsecondary attainment in South King County.
- Coordinate and support peer-to-peer learning and targeted professional development for counselors, advisors, and other professionals committed to increasing post-secondary access.